St. Joseph's most well-known titles are Toronto Life, FASHION Magazine, Weddingbells, MARIAGE Québec, Ottawa Magazine, Quill & Quire and the Where Group of Magazines in Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa and Toronto.
"Our experience with brands such as Toronto Life, and the strategies applied and growth we have seen there, gives us confidence that we can help transform these brands so they may prosper in the quickly changing media landscape," CEO Tony Gagliano said in the release. “Bringing together two talented teams and many of Canada’s most celebrated magazine brands is an important opportunity for SJC, the media industry and our country.”
Rogers has been trying to sell its magazines for well on a year and last fall sold MoneySense magazine as a digital portal to Ratehub Inc.
- Rogers Communications seeks to sell 8 digital and print assets in a package deal
- Rogers is laying off 75 full-time publishing and digital staff
- Rogers Media selling magazine content to Postmedia papers for monthly special section
- TC Media acquires most of remaining Rogers Media b2b financial titles
- Layoffs and reassignments underway in Rogers Media's English language mag division
- Most of Rogers's b2b titles now sold; a few titles remain in play