The U.S. Postal Service today filed a rate case for a system-wide increase of 8.5 per cent, with magazines looking at an average of 11.4%. Combined with the 5.4 per cent postal increase in January, says Folio: in a bulletin to its subscribers, U.S. magazines will have seen rates go up by 17.4% in a year and a half.
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Kathryn Swan to sell for new Transcon "hybrid"
- Quote, unquote
- Handicapping the US mag awards
- Michael Enright comes to the defence of Western St...
- University Affairs article wins writer health rese...
- Government repudiates 2/3 of pledged support for C...
- Laframboise named exec editor of LOULOU
- Now THAT'S recycling
- John Macfarlane to receive National Magazine Award...
- Walrus lumbers away with 49 Magawards nominations