Third quarter results for Transcontinental Inc. have been released; the printer, magazine and media company (TSX:TCL.B) saw third-quarter profit fall from $27.5 million last year at this time to $24.7 million, mostly blamed by management on the impact of a strong Canadian dollar. According to the company, revenue totalled $511.8 million, down $18 million or three per cent from $529.8 million in the same quarter a year ago. Excluding the foreign-exchange effect, revenues were about the same as in 2005, the company said.
Friday, September 15, 2006
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- A new title on mastheads?
- Dialing for dollars
- Time Inc. to divest 18 special interest titles
- Cheap at twice the price
- Veteran magazine writer and author Edna Staebler d...
- New title for parents enters a crowded field
- A supportive word
- Big print distributor cuts deal with digital distr...
- Western Standard get design makeover
- Corporate Knights editor and founder profiled