Magazines Canada is accepting nominations until March 1 for its Volunteer of the Year award.It recognizes one individual's outstanding volunteer contribution to the Canadian consumer magazine industry. The award honours a person whose volunteerism has had a national impact, and who has been in the magazine industry for a minimum of 10 years. The award will be presented at an industry luncheon at MagNet, the industry conference, on June 14. The person selected receives an original piece of Canadian art. Nomination forms are available at the Magazines Canada website.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Ubiquity is the new exclusivity
- Four of big five U.S. mag companies suffered ad p...
- The good, and no-so-good, of art direction by remo...
- NYT Magazine leads US in ad pages sold
- Crack appears in U.S. magazine common front on pos...
- National Magazine Awards pleads for entries
- Making the rounds with Gotham
- Urban environments and the media projects that exp...
- Mags Canada makes "Buy 2, get 1 free" offer to a m...
- Quote, unquote