Let this be a lesson to all of us. The venerable magazine The Atlantic celebrated its 150th anniversary with a party held at the Kimmel Centre at New York University. The room had a stage which functioned as an "awkward VIP area", according to blogger Dylan Stableford, while most of the rest of the guests milled about below, drinking free booze and watching. Awkward. Worse, video is available from Gawker Media.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Seasonal guide to magazine gift guides
- Strong loonie is a good news/bad news thing, Masth...
- Quote, unquote: on the flight to quality
- Quebecor's World of troubles continue
- Whole Foods Market, now more than expensive vegeta...
- The New York Ghost has a stealthy launch
- Swapping pennies for dollars
- What's a magazine worth? A little or a lot, depend...
- McSweeney's editor Eggers speaking in Toronto Tues...
- National Magazine Awards board approves substantia...