The Atlantic Journalism Awards (AJA) has added three magazine categories -- best magazine article, best magazine profile article and best magazine cover -- to its lineup for the 2009 awards which will be made May 8 in Halifax. Deadline for submission to the awards is Friday, January 29.The additions to the awards could be a response to suggestions that the Atlantic Magazine Association (AMA), which debuted last year, may be considering launching its own Atlantic magazines-only awards program and event. The AJAs have traditionally had some magazine content but are dominated by other media, particularly newspapers, radio and TV.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Fast track production system will shorten deadline...
- Is this the future of magazines?
- Quote, unquote: Chasing traffic every minute
- Quote, unquote: replicating magazine ad value
- Boy story or girl story? Is there a gender differe...
- Magazine world view: MPA shrinks; print deaths tap...
- Quote, unquote: a so-called dying industry
- Style bible I.D. magazine, folded after 55 years
- Toronto Life launches a wedding guide
- Blogger ticks off The Walrus for not linking to th...