Meredith Corp. is hoovering up a larger share of magazine industry advertising in the U.S., according to a company release which reports that the company's fiscal 2010 puts it back in the black after coming through a dismal recession. The story says that Meredith's magazine advertising market share increased to 12.3%; it was about 9.5% two years ago. Readership of measured Meredith magazines grew to 113 milliion.The company, which publishes many of the best known women's interest magazines (including Better Homes & Gardens, MORE, Family Circle, Country Home, Traditional Home, Parents, Baby and so on) had net earnings of $103.96 million (compared with last year's loss of $107 million) on revenue of $1.38 billion. Since revenue last year was $1.4 billion, it seems most of the profitability came from last year's staff layoffs. The company said its operating costs declined by 3% last year.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Briarpatch publishes exchange between brothers sep...
- Cottage Life goes with a flapvertisement
- The case for editors and editing, in case one need...
- Print, online and mobile staff at LouLou to report...
- Used bookstore savvy and how to demonstrate it
- Magazine world view: ABC freeze; post and repent?;...
- Taddling down the road: a peripatetic little liter...
- U.S. mailers, including magazines, ask that postal...
- Wedding Bells magazine videos fashion shoot in New...
- Fashion titles' September issues bulk up, possibly...