Emerge 2014, a multiplatform project of U of Guelph/Humber media studies graduating students has been named feature magazine of the year in the U.S. college Pinnacle Awards.
The project includes a glossy magazine, with editorial and branded content, a one-day media conference and associated websites, a photography exhibition and a social media strategy.
The Pinnacles recognize excellence in student produced college media". They were presented by the College Media Association at its national convention in Philadelphia.
The project won six Pinnacles for
• Best Magazine Contents Page/Spread Design (1st)
In addition, it won best of show awards from the Associated Collegiate Press for
• Best Magazine Entertainment Page/Spread Design (2nd)
• Best Online Main Page (2nd)
• Best Website of the Year (Four-year program) (3rd)
• Best Ad Supplement/Special Section (3rd)
• Best Social Media Main Page (3rd)
- Feature magazine
- Website (small school)
Labels: awards, students