I feel uncomfortable when confronted with the RBC Emerging Artists Project which is running a poll to decide which of six arts organizations will get an additional $25,000 donation from the bank's foundation (they each all already receive some RBC funding). My bias is to select Canadian Art Foundation which publishes Canadian Art magazine (and I probably will), but why should I have to choose between Canadian Art and the Writer's Trust of Canada or Canadian Stage or TIFF? What exactly is RBC trying to find out through this arbitrary ballot?
Sunday, February 22, 2015
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Canadians don't know much about energy industry an...
- Canada's History magazine undergoing a "refreshmen...
- Updating Eustace Tilley for The New Yorker's 10th ...
- Finalists named for Canadian Cover Awards
- Tick, tick, tick. KRW B2B awards entry deadline is...
- Achievers announced for Alberta Magazine Awards
- Six-month AAM magazine circ data shows consumer ma...
- Mag world view: Lower-case Harper's B; Mailers gru...
- E-book sub service Scribd offers content from 10,0...
- Deadline looms (March 1) for nominating candidates...