To mark its 90th anniversary, The New Yorker commissioned nine different covers that key off the iconic, monocled and top-hatted figure of Eustace Tilley which appeared in the very first issue of February 1925 (the one above was reprinted in 1995), drawn by art editor Rea Irvin. Among the contributors to the Feb. 23-March 2 2015 issue is Toronto-based artist Anita Kunz.
Monday, February 16, 2015
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Finalists named for Canadian Cover Awards
- Tick, tick, tick. KRW B2B awards entry deadline is...
- Achievers announced for Alberta Magazine Awards
- Six-month AAM magazine circ data shows consumer ma...
- Mag world view: Lower-case Harper's B; Mailers gru...
- E-book sub service Scribd offers content from 10,0...
- Deadline looms (March 1) for nominating candidates...
- Mags Canada unveils set of standard metrics for di...
- Manover in Alberta
- Mags Canada presents free webinar on making the mo...