The burgeoning growth of ad blocking software on the internet is threatening magazines' revenue, there's no question about it. The industry is pushing back with some strategies and tools to combat ad blockers and improve the effectiveness of online ads. Magazines Canada is offering a webinar on March 3 at 2 p.m. featuring Ben Barokas, the Founder and CEO of Sourcepoint Technologies. The webinar is moderated by Sharon McAuley, publisher, marketer & business consultant. There's no cost to attend, but spacesare limited. Registration: http://www.magazinescanada.ca/ad-webinar-registration-page
Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Block that ligature: Will New York take to the new...
- Mag world view: 1st female EIC at ESPN; Viz blocke...
- Canadian Gardening to be closed this spring by TVA...
- HuffPo reports that Rogers is considering closing ...
- Magazines Canada and Canadian Business Media are m...
- OMDC names new chair
- Mag world view: Ad Age names Bon Appétit mag of ye...
- Student magazine editors at BCIT suspended for lea...
- Evangelical youth magazine Love is Moving launched
- Megaphone magazine is successfully taking it to th...