MagNet conference is on Wednesday and Thursday
MagNet, North America's largest gathering by and about magazines,is on Wednesday and Thursday in Toronto at the Courtyard Toronto Downtown, topped off with a full-day summit for arts and literary magazine publishing on Thursday. There's still time to register.
Keynote speakers include
- David Leonard, the director of events at The Walrus
- Sheila Sampath, editorial and art director at Shameless magazine
- James Hewes, president and CEO, FIPP
- Plus several dozen sessions, panels and speakers on advertising, circulation, design and production, digital publishing, editorial, managemement, public policy and various global intensives
- Plus various presentations including volunteer of the year awards which are presented Wednesday during a reception 4:30 - 6:30 (this year's national award is to Lisa Whittington-Hill, publisher of This Magazine. Regional awards are presented to Joanne Rajotte, MagsBC volunteer of the year; Allan Lacey, Alberta Magazine Publishers Association volunteer of the year; Craig Sweetman, Magazines Ontario volunteer of the year; Michel Nivischiuk, Magazines du Quebec volunteer of the year.)