Toronto Life has revealed its list of the City’s 100 Best Restaurants. The list will be featured in The City’s 100 Best Restaurants special edition, which is on newsstands today (November 6). Subscribers will receive the issue in addition to their regular monthly copies.
"At the top of the list is chef Patrick Kriss’ Alo, located at Queen and Spadina [said the magazine in a release.]. "The fine-dining restaurant, now three years old, seems to be improving with age: it’s home to one of the most singular restaurant experiences in this city, or any other."
|Toronto Life's no. 1|
“There’s so much depth in Toronto’s restaurant scene right now that choosing only 100 was a real challenge,” said Alex Baldinger, Food Editor of Toronto Life. “But when it came to naming the No. 1 restaurant, our assessment was unanimous. Alo is thoroughly deserving, and consistently exceptional.”
The top 10 are
[The full list is available online at torontolife.com/TL100.]
- Alo (163 Spadina Ave., Toronto)
- Edulis (169 Niagara St., Toronto)
- Sushi Kaji (860 The Queensway, Toronto)
- Actinolite (971 Ossington Ave., Toronto)
- Jacobs and Co. (12 Brant St., Toronto)
- Buca Yorkville (53 Scollard St., Toronto)
- La Banane (227 Ossington Ave., Toronto)
- Brothers Food and Wine (1240 Bay St., Toronto)
- Canoe (66 Wellington St. W., Toronto)
- Quetzal (419 College St., Toronto)
In addition to the top 100 Restaurant list, the special issue also includes rankings of the city’s 30 best bars, 10 amazing out-of-town restaurants and 120 excellent wines.
Labels: listings, restaurants, special editions, Toronto Life