The Canadian Society of Magazine Editors (CSME) has elected Bob Sexton, associate editor at Outdoor Canada, as its president, according to a report in mastheadonline (sub req'd).
Sexton replaces Douglas Thompson, editor in chief at Canadian Home Workshop, who served as CSME president for three years. Thompson, currently studying for his MBA at the Odette School of Business at the University of Windsor, will stay on in a past president’s role.The CSME board is:
- President - Bob Sexton, associate editor of Outdoor Canada magazine.
- Vice-President - Laurie Jennings, managing editor of Wish and Gardening Life.
- Treasurer - Angela Keenlyside, senior managing editor of Chirp, chickaDEE and OWL.
- Program/Communications Director - Liann Bobechko, assistant editor at Cottage Life.
- Awards Director - Jodi Avery MacLean, managing editor at Canadian Home Workshop.
- Membership Director - Martin Zibauer, senior editor of Cottage Life.
- Technical Co-ordinator - Jessica Ross, executive editor of Homemakers.
Labels: industry associations