The federal government has released its anti-spam legislation for comment and Magazines Canada is compiling comments from its members and the wider magazine community about a longtime-coming piece of legislation which has significant implications for direct mail, list management and privacy -- all things that directly bear on Canadian magazine publishing. The 30-day comment period is running through February 5. Magazines Canada is asking to be copied on any direct comments [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Wednesday, January 09, 2013
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- People in magazines: Kim Latreille strikes out on ...
- Globe weekend editor joins Canadian Business to ha...
- Less than a week to nominate Alberta magazine achi...
- Magworld view: RDUK bankrupt; Press Gazette gives ...
- What could be more natural? Book comes with a penc...
- Hearst has netted 800,000 monthly digital subscrib...
- Develop your magazine and web publishing skills wi...
- The year in Canadian magazines 2012
- Best of the season; see you next year
- Revived Canadian Cover Awards and new logo take fl...