The campaign to launch The Deep to provide longform journalism to and about Atlantic Canada has gone well, so well that the crowdfunding has topped the original $15,000 goal. With three days left to contribute, supporters are being asked to meet a "stretch" goal and reach $18,500. The extra money will allow an expansion of photography and art, pay additional travel expenses for writers and get the project a bit closer to becoming self-sustaining.
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Mag world view: Forbes in books; Time Inc. rejects...
- Will Halifax ever be the same when the developers ...
- Is transitioning from print to digital a myth? Ken...
- Quote, unquote: In flight magazines; are they an e...
- Seven of Canada's iconic trees featured in Canadia...
- Quote, unquote: Paywalls and the "right to read"
- New annual lesbian culture magazine LSTW launching...
- A. Rolph Huband was publisher of The Beaver magazi...
- The future of magazines considered in Canadian Jou...
- Atlantic startup The Deep close to its crowdsourci...