Friday, August 22, 2008

Licensing wine writers

I keep warning people that satire is on life support and lampoons can sometimes be taken seriously. But I guess there's not much risk of that with Dean Tudor's posting on his blog about the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) licensing wine writers. Tudor, an emeritus professor of journalism from Ryerson University and a frequent writer about wine (he is treasurer of the Wine Writer's Circle of Canada) was making some point or other about the autocratic ways of the provincial wine monopoly.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be surprised if the province of Ontario tried something like this. After all, they've banned a mythical breed of dog and have attempted to ban sushi, pot luck suppers, and more.

3:34 pm  
Blogger Dean Tudor said...

In retrospect, I wish I had been more cutting, but I didn't want to bite the hand that feeds me. More stuff is coming; other stuff has already been on the website, such as the LCBO getting rid of all corks.

10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home