On its face, it looks like a great deal. Transcontinental Media is using couponer Toronto Deals Blog to offer a one-year subscription to Style at Home for $11 and for the Hockey News at $23. But the fine print in the "one-day only" deal is that, while you nominally save 56% off the newsstand price, you'll have to pay $5.95 for shipping, handling and applicable taxes on Style and $7.95 for Hockey News. (An earlier coupon offer had Canadian Living (12 issues) for $18 bonused by 6 issues of Elle Canada, but that didn't have the added shipping and handling provision and taxes were included in the price.)
Monday, December 20, 2010
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- Freelance Switch
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- The Writing Concierge
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- The Hook (The Tyee)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Impresa Communications Limited
- John Degen
- Inkless Wells (Maclean's)
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- So You Want to Start a Magazine?
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Atlantic Magazines Association
- Is CBC required to share sensitive and competitive...
- "No frills", browser-based digital editions may be...
- Think positive; think honeysuckle: the colour of t...
- Liberal Senator asks for revocation of $1.5 millio...
- Waterloo Region newspaper's lifestyle title Grand ...
- Toronto City Council censures Maclean's's "Too Asi...
- New magazine promotes Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Quebecor's 24 Heures bumps Transcontinental's Metr...
- Let it snow, we've got our iPad to keep us warm
- Thomson Reuters woos publishers by launching Reute...