It was probably inevitable that the recent takeover by Hearst Corporation of 49% of the joint venture with Transcontinental Media producing Elle Canada and Elle Quebec would provoke speculation about similar arrangements with other big Hearst titles. And so it has with an item on the Huffington Post by Marc Weisblott though it contains little that would indicate we'll see Canadian editions of Cosmopolitan, Esquire or Car & Driver anytime soon. In fact American "spill" into the Canadian market has been demonstrated to be in long-term decline, according to Magazines Canada.
Sunday, June 05, 2011
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Stalking the elusive office chatter
- Magazines West seminars: ads; social media; printe...
- Wayves magazine editor bristles about sanitizing H...
- U.S. Q1 newsstand sales reported to be down almost...
- Globe's magazine Report on Small Business revamped...
- Wired.com editor-in-chief Hansen to make Calgary p...
- PWAC names three finalists for Editor of the Year ...
- 25 novels that should be read by journalism studen...
- Canadian Poker Player magazine owner consolidating...
- CityBites partners with tourism alliance to create...