This blog started on a whim a little over 7 years ago, February 25, 2005. One of the early posts was about the concentration of funding for literary and cultural magazines in two federal ridings in Toronto and a national boom in magazine startups. There has been a lot of sturm und drang in the industry since, but clearly no lack of interest in the topic; this week Canadian Magazines topped 1 million visits and almost 1.5 million page views.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- The Tyee offering its readers "master classes" tau...
- The New York Times thinks it is zeroing in on the ...
- ABC approves new digital edition circulation repor...
- The collision at the heart of production
- Tastemaker Tyler Brûlé and his empire
- Quote, unquote: Technology and uncertainty driving...
- Magazine world view: Hearst pushes e-singles; Ebon...
- Brush up on renewals and invoices at CMC special e...
- Click magazine has exclusive distribution deal wit...
- Magazines continue to be a leading source of inter...