New York magazine won the top prize for both its print and digital coverage at last night's presentation of the [U.S.] National Magazine Awards. It also won for best cover for its November 12 "The City and the Storm" front. For details, here is the New York Times story on the results and the American Society of Magazine Editors page about the cover competition (ASME manages the awards.)
Friday, May 03, 2013
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- Freelance Switch
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- The Writing Concierge
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- The Hook (The Tyee)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- Inkless Wells (Maclean's)
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- So You Want to Start a Magazine?
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Atlantic Magazines Association
- Rogers Media changes ad sales structure to offer i...
- CAmagazine tops number of nominees for KRW awards
- Western awards honour Paul and Audrey Grescoe for ...
- Quote, unquote: Having your print and online, too
- Majority of magazine apps are exact replicas, AAM ...
- Toronto Life leads magazine awards in total nomina...
- Stephen Trumper to receive this year's NMAF Outsta...
- Quote, unquote: Strike when the shutters come off
- Mag world view: Wired plumps for Target; Dwell out...
- Dear City: Spacing and Pattison to post billboard ...