July 1 will see the imposition of CASL Canada's new, sweeping anti-spam legislation which will have major impacts on magazine publishers. In preparation, Magazines Canada is holding a webinar on March 27 at 1 p.m. It's led by Puneet Soni, a lawyer with McCarthy Tetrault and the one-hour webinar will be moderated by Melissa Kluger, lawyer and publisher of Precedent magazine. The webinar is free to Magazines Canada members, who will also receive free a copy of the Magazines Canada CASL Flipbook, a how-to guide and resource about the new legislation. Participation in the webinar for non-members is $250.
Monday, March 17, 2014
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- Freelance Switch
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- The Writing Concierge
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- The Hook (The Tyee)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- Inkless Wells (Maclean's)
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- So You Want to Start a Magazine?
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Atlantic Magazines Association
- Study suggests consumers are wary of "native adver...
- Government approves regulations for postal rate in...
- Precedent tells its readers what it takes today to...
- Three new group publishers named at Rogers Publish...
- Mag world view: New York goes Vulture; glossy coll...
- Editor of Report on Business leaves Globe to be di...
- Former Chatelaine publisher Rev. Lee Simpson tries...
- AMPA conference March 21 offers free webinars and ...
- Alberta Oil reports on the "first mover" race to g...
- Maclean's cover story features tough-guy Putin and...