Broken Pencil, the magazine of zine culture, is next week publishing an issue that features the Cripple Punk movement. The cover story is by Sidney Drmay, the coordinator of RyeACCESS at Ryerson University in Toronto. The cover shows (click to enlarge) rad disabled punk Kate Mokus. The movement speaks out for and represents the disabled in terms that we rarely see in mainstream magazines.
Thursday, January 21, 2016
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- Freelance Switch
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- The Writing Concierge
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- The Hook (The Tyee)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- Inkless Wells (Maclean's)
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- So You Want to Start a Magazine?
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Atlantic Magazines Association
- CSME event briefs about best free online tools
- [Updated]Penthouse [NOT] discontinuing print editi...
- Mag world view:Brooks heads MPA; Buzzfeed censured...
- Canada's History and Kayak mark centenary of the a...
- David Balzer named EIC of Canadian Art
- Quote, unquote: Skating to safety?
- Canadian b2b awards program accepting entries unti...
- Entries now being accepted for first Digital Publi...
- Finalists announced for American cover awards
- Atlantic Journalism Awards entry deadline looms