Dan Rubinstein, now a freelance magazine writer and editor, is one of the shortlisted finalists for the 2nd annual Kobo Emerging Writer prize for non-fiction. His book Born to Walk: The Transformative Power of a Pedestrian Act, was published in April 2015 by ECW Press, Rubinstein has among other gigs been editor of unlimited and Alberta Views and was managing editor/acting editor for Canadian Geographic, as well as a sportswriter for Canadian Press and Associated Press.
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- Freelance Switch
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- The Writing Concierge
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- The Hook (The Tyee)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- Inkless Wells (Maclean's)
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- So You Want to Start a Magazine?
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Atlantic Magazines Association
- Pulitzer prizes awarded to The New Yorker
- Rogers Communications has 2% growth in Q1, but med...
- Founder of St. Joseph Communications dies at age o...
- First full year of Vividata research shows magazin...
- Mag World View: Postal data deluge; Euromoney dive...
- Saving the skills of crafting an Inuit qujaq (kaya...
- Canadian Art unveils new mission and coverage
- TVA Group launches digital newsstand called Molto ...
- Weddingbells launches Trends Guide
- Volunteers needed to help run MagNet conference in...