Monday, November 01, 2010

Buy 2, Get 1 Free subscription campaign from Magazines Canada now includes digital editions

Magazines Canada is now launching its 6th annual "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" subscription campaign. The campaign differs from earlier versions:
  • The campaign mail drops via addressed admail, polybag outserts, print ads, search engine marketing, e-mail and online promos and social networking will now go out in two tranches -- one in November for gift-giving season, one in January -- for a total of 500,000 pieces.
  • This year the deal also offers digital subscriptions
The  campaign is being promoted on Facebook and Twitter (CdnMagsB2G1FREE). 

Last year, the program signed up 14,626 subscriptions, an increase of 89% over the previous year. 191 titles took part. 

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked forward to this campaign last year, purchasing subscriptions to magazines we had enjoyed in the past.

My experience was disastrous. Magazines Canada didn't send orders to any of the individual publications, one of the publications couldn't seem to understand the problem (telling me my sub to a different mag they owned was active, so no problem)-- and the result was mounting frustration as I spent hours on the phone and sending emails.

It all worked out in the end, and I encountered some lovely and helpful people (and some not so lovely and not so helpful people) but the experience really left a sour taste.

And I heard from various sources that I was far from the only one.

I hope Magazines Canada has worked out the problems for this year, because if I were someone new to Canadian magazines, this would have seriously left me wondering if they're worth it.

1:04 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home