Honouring excellence in circulation is the goal of the ACE awards (Awards for Circulation Excellence), given out each year at MagNet: Canada's Magazine Conference. Nominations for the awards, including the prestigious Marketer of the Year and the CMC Caren King Scholarship, are due by May 12, 2008. Details at the Circulation Management Association of Canada (CMC) website.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Recent most-read posts
- Transcontinental Media closing MORE magazine
- YES and KNOW kids' science magazines closed suddenly
- Homemakers magazine being closed by owner Transcon after 45 years
- 5 ways that publishers screw up when it comes to mobile
- Toronto Life readers think it deserves coal in its stocking for suggesting a dog as its #1 present
- Magazine publishers need to think like developers, stop pursuing the wrong goals: software CEO
- "Must be nice" to be a freelancer, eh?
- Handyman Mike Holmes back in print: Make It Right SIP with TC Media
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- Freelance Switch
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- The Writing Concierge
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- The Hook (The Tyee)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Impresa Communications Limited
- John Degen
- Inkless Wells (Maclean's)
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- So You Want to Start a Magazine?
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Atlantic Magazines Association
- Less than two weeks left to comment on PAP and CMF...
- Cottage Life launches lake-centred online platform...
- First, the pay wall; now advertising. Whatever nex...
- Mock lecture to mark launch of Q & Q review editor...
- Small is cultural; industry committee name change ...
- Mags Canada board recommends allowing trade magazi...
- Staff at Transcontinental-LGM plant in Winnipeg vo...
- Formula Media Group launches Suburban Life magazin...
- Quebecor World wins contract to print Rolling Ston...
- Magazine editor, columnist candidates for World Pr...