Magazine publishers in Ontario would do well to look over a recently published document from the Ontario Media Development Corporation. The OMDC has always been weighted a bit heavily towards its origins as the Ontario Film Development Corporation, but it is good to see that their planning document "towards a strategic plan" gives due attention to magazine publishing and other media as well. Their "client" media share many of the same challenges -- including company size ( e.g. not having economies of scale), globalization and emerging new technologies. You can read the whole summary document here.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- Freelance Switch
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- The Writing Concierge
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- The Hook (The Tyee)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- John Degen
- Inkless Wells (Maclean's)
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- So You Want to Start a Magazine?
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Atlantic Magazines Association
- Making fashion mag where fashion shopping is done
- subTerrain turns 20
- CDS global teams up with Magazines Canada on natio...
- Magazine world view
- Readers feel squeezed, but so far sticking with hi...
- Downtown park being named after late, great June C...
- The wayback machine
- Drawing entries
- Quote, unquote: Playboy's layoffs
- Spun sugar coating won't hide bad magazine news