Monday, November 09, 2009

Flare fashionista Lisa Tant's busy, busy life


Lisa Tant, the editor-in-chief of Flare, the fashion magazine from Rogers, was home for dinner only 5 times last month. This, among other things, we learn from her blog posting about her  "typical day", which isn't. She compares herself to her father, who worked to the clock and hated his job. 
I’m out a minimum of three nights a week attending everything from new product launches to fashion shows to black tie dinners. In October (one of my busiest months) I was home for dinner a grand total of five nights – including weekends. That’s a great schedule for a Type A personality like me, but not so good if you love to spend time with family and friends. The idea of going to a movie mid-week sounds like fun – I can’t remember the last time I did that!
[Pic above shows Tant at the P&G Beauty Awards with Joeffer Caoc (where FLARE’s Elizabeth Cabral won Best Fashion Editor) -- photo by George Pimentel]

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Debbie said...

WOW! I am so glad I read this garbage. Why would this be posted on this blog? Do I really care that Lisa Tant goes out a lot. FAIL!

11:59 am  
Anonymous Colonel Panic said...

Seriously. As Serge once said, "To what pertain?"

4:12 pm  
Blogger D. B. Scott said...

Wow back. It's hard to see what particularly about this item -- about the editor of one of Canada's largest fashion magazines -- has you guys so annoyed.

5:40 pm  
Anonymous Arthur2sheds said...

I personally think it's sad to devote so much time and energy to one's career at the expense of any kind of social life.

Give me family and friends any time.

All this devotion to her job won't mean a thing when the Rogers bean-counters decide that her number's up. She's merely keeping the seat warm for her successor.

6:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I for one found the item about Lisa interesting, and it lead me to her blog and Twitter feed, which I wasn't previously aware of but find interesting.

Oh, and Arthur2sheds makes a good point. ("All this devotion to her job won't mean a thing when the Rogers bean-counters decide that her number's up.") Unfortunately, this is 100% true. I'm sure Lisa isn't stupid, though. She's aware of this.

11:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Tant is pretty inspiring. She's a busy-busy, Type A woman who grabs life by the throat and clearly LOVES what she's doing.

There's a difference between slaving away at a job you hate and working/networking 24-7 because that's the lifestyle you thrive on.

DB, what has Debbie and CP annoyed is envy.

And Arthur, she HAS a social life. Hello: she was out at dinners and galas all month!!! Many of those people she was scarfing canapes with are no doubt her friends.

I agree with the other Anonymous poster about Rogers -- as well as Tant's savviness in knowing the score. Hopefully she'll parlay her experience into something worthwhile.

Thanks for the initial post, DB. Flare's not my cuppa tea, but I'm older than their target demo anyway. I choose home-life above all else, but Tant has my vote as a kick-ass alpha babe in killer heels who makes no apologies for making her magazine her top priority.

On a side note: I'm so tired of the non-stop pity-party and backstab-fest that the Toronto mag scene has become.

12:36 pm  
Anonymous Colonel Panic said...

Anon#2:
At least hating and bitchiness are attempts at livening up what could be a pretty drab post. Lisa knows we're mostly kidding and trust me, she dishes it out too. If we were all as earnest as you I'd never read this thing.

3:13 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home