Thursday, November 25, 2010

Quote, unquote: Small web presence? How to make an advertiser take notice

"One of the most common things I hear particularly from magazines in Canada is "What do we do when we don't have traffic? We have a low circulation, a modest circulation, we can't compete with some of the big search engines, or we can't sell on CPM." But it really comes down to relevance. If I'm an advertiser and you can tell me you have a 1,000 people of a particular type that absolutely fits my category, irrespective of what else I do, I'm going to be interested. And it helps foster that conversation."
-- Marty White, Principal of Online Magazine Marketing,  in the webinar this week (one of a series presented by Magazines Canada) called The Path to Your Client's Sweet Spot.  (White is scheduled to teach a 7-week course  about online ad sales on the web at Ryerson's Chang School for Continuing Education starting January 13.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home