Forthcoming events, imminent and interesting
A number of forthcoming magazine events, imminent or otherwise
- Christie Blatchford, the querulous Globe and Mail columnist, is in conversation with Master John Fraser at the Massey Press Club, a community of journalists, 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 30 in the upper library of Massey College, 4 Devonshire Place, Toronto. No charge, no RSVP, just show up; later, reception with cash bar.
- A celebration of National Poetry Month, presented by publisher Biblioasis (which publishes Canadian Notes and Queries) on Wednesday, April 6 7 - 9 p.m. at the Dora Keogh pub 141 Danforth Avenue; featuring Biblioasis writers David Hickey, Joshua Trotter and Zacharia Wells.
- The 7th annual C Magazine benefit auction, April 5, 2011; Preview 5:30pm, Live Auction 7:00pm, Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art (MOCCA), 952 Queen Street West, Toronto. Tickets $75.
- The April 1 deadline looms for the Awards for Reporting on the Environment, open to any journalists from any country is coming up on April 1;
- The Art of the Short Review is a seminar being led by Patty Osborne of Geist magazine for anyone who wants to write what they think—in a few strong sentences -- valuable to those who want to write reviews, but also for clear, succinct blog postings.It's on Saturday, April 30 at the Listel Hotel in Vancouver.