CNN has confirmed that it is buying Zite, the Canadian tablet software developer for an undisclosed price (said to be in the area of $20 million). With the purchase, however, Zite is decamping from Vancouver to San Francisco. A story on the CNN site said that Zite will operate as an independent company (CNN's headquarters are in Atlanta). Zite's sole product is an iPad application that aggregates users' favourite topics based upon what they choose to read and how they rate what they read.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- New CPF funding formula puts the emphasis on reach...
- Briarpatch moves away from themed issues
- Wordstock professional development day has been ca...
- Magazines Canada/Zinio digital newsstand will be o...
- Family matters when it comes to sharing newsstand ...
- Quote, unquote: It's my magazine, my cover and my ...
- More editorial changes at Today's Parent magazine
- Quote, unquote: On readers putting their money whe...
- Magazine world view: Project's tweak; fast Firefox...
- Will e-tailing of short stories hurt literary maga...