National Magazine Awards names four new board members
The National Magazine Awards Foundation has elected four new members:
- Gary Campbell the executive producer of TorontoLife.com, the digital portal of Toronto Life magazine. In 2010 he was nominated for two National Magazine Awards for digital design and digital magazine of the year.
- David Hayes,a NMA-winning freelance writer whose work has appeared in Report on Business, Toronto Life, The Walrus, Chatelaine, Saturday Night and other publications, and he also teaches advanced magazine writing at Ryerson University’s Continuing Education program.
- Sarah Moore, managing editor at More magazine, nominated for a National Magazine award in 2009, and formerly senior editor and managing editor at Today’s Parent.
- Brian Morgan, creative director of The Walrus and formerly editorial designer at Saturday Night and deputy art director at Maclean’s. A three-time magazine award nominee, he won gold in 2009 in the best single issue category.
Other NMAF board members are:
- Arjun Basu, editorial director, Spafax Canada (president)
- Douglas Thomson, editor-in-chief and brand manager, Canadian Home Workshop( vice-president)
- Susan Zuzinjak, president, smitten creative boutique (secretary)
- Patrick Walsh, editor-in-chief and brand manager, Outdoor Canada (past president)
- Joyce Byrne, associate publisher, Alberta Venture and unlimited
- Robert Goyette, vice-president and editor-in-chief, Reader’s Digest
- Graeme Harris, principal, Strategic Profile Management
- Angela Jones, associate publisher, Chatelaine and Châtelaine
- Bonnie Munday, editor-in-chief, Best Health
- Carolyn Warren, regional manager, cultural programming and new integrated content (Radio, Web, TV), CBC Montreal
- Lisa Whittington-Hill, publisher, This Magazine
The foundation has also introduced a new blog (blog.magazine-awards.com)to promote the success award winners, publicizing awards and opportunities for Canadian magazine content creators, and communicating news and events of the foundation and the Canadian magazine industry.
Labels: National Magazine Awards