It may be good news for magazines that research shows tablet use is most often at home, where most subscribers would be reading their magazines anyway, in whatever form. The graph, drawn from research done for Viacom, comes from a story in the eMarketer newsletter and shows that three quarters use their tablets at home and most people use them in the living room or the bedroom. Out of home,they're most likely to use them in airports/on airplanes or in coffee shops. eMarketer estimates there will be about 55 million tablet users in the U.S. by the end of this year.
Tuesday, May 08, 2012
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Magazines Canada outsourcing single copy warehousi...
- Atlantic Business magazine wins best cover award a...
- Bitter lament for the young women who made Sweetsp...
- Writer Sean Rossiter to receive Lifetime Achieveme...
- Time magazine named U.S. Magazine of the Year
- The skinny on Vogue's new policy about healthier b...
- Magazine world view: Bonner hearts Barbie; Time In...
- Let this be a lesson: keep an eye on your magazine...
- Alberta Oil, Marketing & Retail News are KRW final...
- Rogers closes eight websites, including acquisitio...