Once a year, magazine people have a great opportunity to see some of the best work from the graduates of the Sheridan College Illustration program. This time Illustrationism 2013 is at 7 p.m. on Thursday, April 18 at 7 p.m. at 99 Sudbury Street in Toronto. You'll be able to size up graduates of this, the only 4-year, dedicated Bachelor of Arts Illustration degree program in Canada. They work in traditional ways such as painting and drawing as well as digital technologies such as Web design and motion graphics. Many of these grads may soon, or are already, pitching their skills to art directors.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- Freelance Switch
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- The Writing Concierge
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- The Hook (The Tyee)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- Inkless Wells (Maclean's)
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- So You Want to Start a Magazine?
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Atlantic Magazines Association
- Caisse is selling back half its holdings to Quebec...
- New online magazine launched, called AmongMen
- American Business Media merges with Software and I...
- Cloud-based magazine seller Magzter cuts deal with...
- Professional Writers ask members for their experie...
- Financial problems force MagsBC to let ED Sylvia S...
- The view from Monocle: Tyler Brûlé talk April 24 i...
- Walmart Live Better launched as Canada's largest c...
- Quote, unquote: Print as the bedrock of publishing...
- Tweeting on the toilet -- how social media preoccu...