Hearst Magazines saw double-digit increases in digital ad revenue in 2013 and expects it and new print products to account for more than 30% of the company's profits in 2014, according to a letter to staff from president David Carey.
"I know that working in the media business today is very exciting and intellectually stimulating, but far from easy [he said]: There are challenging days filled with tough decisions, as well as days of triumph and celebration."The upbeat letter reported on recent strides and predicted more good times.
- Food Network Magazine is now the second best selling monthly magazine, “with more than 11.6 million readers and the No. 1 share of advertising.”
- HGTV Magazine, which debuted only a year ago, has a circulation of 1.2 million.
- Dr. Oz’s magazine, The Good Life, launches next month. Carey described it as “lively, smart and surprising.”
- Cosmopolitan.com had more than 20 million unique visitors in December.
- Carey said in the second quarter of this year, a “shared user experience for both Cosmopolitan.com and ELLE.com” will launch.