Yet another example of a hard copy spinoff from a web-based site, this time HOLO, a magazine about emerging convergences of art, science and technology. It is a twice-a-year print extension of the British art, design and technology blog CreativeApplications.net, and the first issue weighs in at a hefty 200 pages. The magazine describes itself as "a periodical about ‘people interrogating technology’, and it focuses on the faces, personalities, and anecdotes behind important work." A single copy is $35; a two-issue subscription is $60. It can be picked up at Art Metropole in Toronto and Librairie Formats in Montreal. The Canadian launch (free) is Wednesday, June 25th from 7-9 p.m. at InterAccess, 9 Ossington Ave., Toronto.
Sunday, June 15, 2014
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- Freelance Switch
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- The Writing Concierge
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- The Hook (The Tyee)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- Inkless Wells (Maclean's)
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- So You Want to Start a Magazine?
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Atlantic Magazines Association
- Atlantic Business sells everything, including its ...
- Internet ad revenue in Canada in 2013 outpaces U.S...
- Time Warner considering $2.2 billion investment in...
- [Updated] English version of Ricardo to launch, ag...
- Canadian Family discontinuing print; moves to digi...
- The Tyee's founding editor David Beers to reliquis...
- Mag world view: Glamour made over; Ingrams's enemi...
- Cottage Life named magazine of the year in Nationa...
- Toronto freepaper To.night quietly closes
- Cathy Watson of Education Today, named PWAC's edit...