Canadian Business Press names board
The Canadian Business Press (CBP) held its annual general meeting in Toronto on June 29 and elected its board for the next year.
Three new directors were elected for three year terms:
- Kevin Brown, President of MediaEDGE;
- Laura Dunphy, President and Publisher of Salon Communications Inc.
- Doni White, Circulation Director of IT World Canada Inc.
Elected to serve a second term were:
- Chair – John W. Kerr Jr., Chief Executive Officer, Kerrwil Publications Ltd., Toronto
- 1st Vice-Chair – James O. Hall, President, Keith Communications Inc., Mississauga
- 2nd Vice-Chair – Mark Vreugdenhil, Publisher, Newcom Business Media, Toronto
- Past Chairman – Alex Papanou, Vice-President, Business Information Group, Toronto
The rest of the board, serving the remainder of their three-year terms, are:
- Jeff Brownlee, Publisher, Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters
- Bruce Creighton, President, Business Information Group, Toronto
- Lee Ann Knudsen, Publisher, Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association, Milton
- Terri Pavelic, Publisher, Promotive Communications, Aurora
- David McClung, President, Baxter Travel Media Inc., Toronto
- Michael Swan, President, Swan-Erickson Publishing Inc., Oakville
The meeting recognized three retiring directors:
- Michael Atkins, Chairman of IT World Canada Inc., who served 25 years
- Brian Light, Past President of Salon Communications Inc., 14 years
- Rosanna Caira, Editor and Publisher at Kostuch Publications Limited, six years