Monday, October 02, 2006

Dating service starts online magazine

Lavalife, the humongous online dating service, is launching an online magazine about...dating. "Lavalife Magazine is designed to foster a sense of community among singles," said Kim Hughes, the Editor in Chief. The magazine's tag line is "Dating, Life & Style".

Weekly feature articles will include such items as "A History of Sex Toys" to the heavy "Dating after the Death of a Partner" to the instructional "How to Avoid Dating a Jerk." Special features will also include "Dinner and a Movie," "What Your (blank) Says About You," "Profile Doctor" and "He Said, She Said."

The Toronto-based company is international in scope and has annual revenues of about $100 million.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have thought that the online community would have already been "foster(ing) a sense of community among singles" but maybe that's just me. I like to split hairs and narc about press releases. On the other hand I really enjoy a relaxing drink after work and long walks on the beach.

I expect this will be a humongous success.

3:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joyceb, I think your post was really sharp and funny. We may have a lot in common. What do you say we get that relaxing drink after work and see where things go...

Still Looking for Love in Magazine Pulishing

11:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey DB, anonymous may be on to something here, reminiscent of Marry An American...all you need is a pledge "to marry a hot, single magazine professional." Perhaps the book people will take pity on all of us who seem to be married to Lighthouse.

Anonymous, you look me up next time you're in Deadmonton.

4:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we should have a Marry an Investment Banker program instead. The investment bankers can pleadge to marry a hot and single magazine professional (not to toot my own horn). Afterall, we do work in publishing.

Joyceb in Deadmonton, why would I leave Montreal looking for love in the Praries?

Wait a minute Joyceb in Edmonton. I think I know you.

This is like that "do you like pina colata song"

SLFLIP aka Debbie

5:05 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home