A new photography magazine is planning to launch this spring. Outdoor Photography Canada will be a quarterly, dedicated to landscapes, wildlife, nature and sport and the views that wilderness has to offer, combining love of the outdoors and photography in one magazine. The magazine will be buying one-time rights to photos submitted by readers. It's to be published by Sunlight Media of Brampton, Ontario. The editor in chief is Roy Ramsay. A one-year sub will be $16.97.
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Recent most-read posts
- Transcontinental Media closing MORE magazine
- YES and KNOW kids' science magazines closed suddenly
- Homemakers magazine being closed by owner Transcon after 45 years
- 5 ways that publishers screw up when it comes to mobile
- Toronto Life readers think it deserves coal in its stocking for suggesting a dog as its #1 present
- Magazine publishers need to think like developers, stop pursuing the wrong goals: software CEO
- "Must be nice" to be a freelancer, eh?
- Handyman Mike Holmes back in print: Make It Right SIP with TC Media
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- Freelance Switch
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- The Writing Concierge
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- The Hook (The Tyee)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Impresa Communications Limited
- John Degen
- Inkless Wells (Maclean's)
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- So You Want to Start a Magazine?
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Atlantic Magazines Association
- Changes in business and professional group at Roge...
- Canadian mags among Utne independent nominees
- Blink, whatever that means
- One-way flow of Maritimers continues west
- It's promotion, but is it news?
- Custom publishing now accounts for 25% of marketin...
- FHM's raunchy gambit fails, magazine to close
- Canada Post contribution to Publications Assistanc...
- Building on success
- National Post is 'winner' of the year for its corr...