Monday, January 11, 2010

Top 100 infrastructure projects worth $68 billion in investment; 27% of it renewable energy

ReNew Canada magazine every year tallies the top 100 infrastructure projects in Canada and this year, it found several interesting things:
  • five of the top 10 were renewable energy projects, representing about 27% of total investment;
  • most of the projects are not financed by the federal government's infrastructure stimulus fund;
  • health care has the most projects out of the 100 and account for 18 out of 34 public-private partnerships; 
  • total investment by the top 100 is about $68 billion. 
A full list of the top 100 can be found at top100projects.ca  and there is an interactive map.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As interesting as these facts may be, I wondered what it had to do with publishing.

Then, four days later, ReNew posts a job ad. The appearance is that your blog plugged the mag which in turn paid you money to post the job ad.

This is a rare apparent breach, but an apparent breach nonetheless.

A faithful reader just chipping in my two cents...

9:48 am  
Blogger D. B. Scott said...

Your inference is your own. You'll have to accept my assurance that there was no quid pro quo because there is no way for me otherwise to convince you. The job board has been available for more than a year and other publishers have (and we hope, will) use it to advertise positions. I might note that the same ad went into Masthead's job board. Normal course of business, I'd say.

As for the item on the Top 100, I have posted dozens of items about the contents of dozens of magazines, meant to illustrate the publishing initiatives other publishers are taking. I doubtless will do it again in future. And I expect you'll keep me on my toes when I do.

10:15 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home