Rabble.ca, the online news site with a magazine sensibility, is holding its annual membership drive to help build audience and pay for providing progressive stories to it. As it points out, it receives no government support, has no parent company, no endowment and survives on community support for their 100% free site. We particularly like their wacky banner for the campaign that says "If you can't trust a sock monkey, your soul is dead."
Tuesday, June 08, 2010
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Precedent magazine's new awards recognize excellen...
- Quote, unquote: thanks heavens for smaller mercies...
- New health magazine launches
- Readers wade in about relevance of The United Chur...
- Green guide for communicators published
- Jennepher Hunter of BIG named ACE awards' circulat...
- Advertisers, for now, willing to pay up to 5x more...
- Margo Oliver, one of Canada's best magazine food e...
- Wear what you read; clothing line to be adorned by...
- Up Here named magazine of the year at National Ma...