Ken Whyte named executive VP for
The ascent of Ken Whyte at Rogers Media proceeds apace with today's announcement that he has been appointed Executive Vice-president,Consumer Publishing for Rogers Publishing Limited.
"In this new role, Ken is responsible for overseeing all English consumer publishing, with the exception of Hello! Canada and LOULOU," said president Brian Segal. "The leadership team at LOULOU, Châtelaine, and L’actualité will continue to report to me.
"As a result of this appointment, there will be some structural changes to our senior consumer management team. Effective immediately, Kerry Mitchell, Vice-President, Consumer Publishing, will report to Ken. Kathryn Brownlie, Senior Vice-President, Consumer Publishing Advertising Sales, will now also report to Ken. On all consumer marketing matters, Tracey McKinley, Vice-President, Consumer Marketing, will now report to Ken. In her role as Executive Publisher of Hello! Canada, Tracey will continue to report to me."
Whyte was appointed publisher and editor-in-chief of Maclean's in February 2005 and later assumed the management of Canadian Business, PROFIT, MoneySense, and most recently, Chatelaine. He was appointed Vice-President of Consumer Publishing in August of 2010.
- Chatelaine shows six staffers the door
- Style at Home editor Jane Francisco named editor of Chatelaine
- Today's Parent publisher retiring; latest in a major management shakeup at Rogers
- Maclean's AD Dewairy takes over Canadian Business, MoneySense and Profit
- Rogers shakeup: Whyte and Mitchell now each multi-title uber-publishers