editorpublisher Stephen Osborne reprints online his interesting 2001 dispatch about the origins and embedding of the symbolism of the poppy in our consciousness in his article "The Contest of Memory". It's well worth reading on the eve of Remembrance Day.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Maclean's marks 20th anniversary of popular and su...
- Business media summit in Toronto only a week away
- This Magazine pioneers couponing deal for subs; se...
- Magazine world view:Holy Hulu!; RD all aboard; U.S...
- Dauphin Media Group to launch men's magazine: The ...
- Elizabeth Baird, longtime executive food editor of...
- Real piggy bank featured in Vancouver and Western ...
- Dogeared and in the doghouse: hospital bans waitin...
- Social media shakeup of traditional journalism to ...
- Sports Illustrated wins edit & design award for Va...