Magazines Canada has released a new batch of "hotsheets" -- freely available, one-and two-page professional development documents that address a single topic, written by an expert in the field. In all, going back to 2006, there are now 44 hotsheets.The latest batch offers tips on creating podcasts, organizing a launch event and designing better covers to encourage newsstand performance. Plus a couple aimed directly at business-to-business publications, which have only recently become members of Magazines Canada. For instance, Mira Shenker, the editor of ReNew Canada talking about Walking the Tightrope: How B2Bs Can Keep Ad Away From Edit.
Monday, May 30, 2011
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Rogers titles will be providing content for new 24...
- Postal union gives 72-hour notice of possible walk...
- Design Edge magazine launches paid iPad and iPhone...
- Postal disruption may come at first of the week --...
- Reader's Digest comes out on top in brand status a...
- Aye, there's the rub; Geist creates erasure poetry...
- Perpetual scholarship of $1,000 ensured in the nam...
- Chase down the story in a literary publishing boar...
- Former Maclean's EIC Bob Lewis named chair of Cana...
- Special issue of The New Yorker includes 50 "Talk ...