Up Here Business named magazine of the year in KRW b2b awards
Up Here Business magazine of Yellowknife NWT won the prestigious magazine of the year award at the 57th annual Kenneth R. Wilson awards for the business-to-business press. Before a large crowd of colleagues, friends and competitors, awards were handed out in 20 written, visual and special categories from a field of 174 nominations from 62 b2b magazines.
Up Here Business also won gold awards for best regularly featured department or column ("Our Take" by Michael Ganley) and best feature Article ("Oil to the Orient" by Tristin Hopper).
Among multiple winners on the night:
- Precedent magazine was one of five publications to take home two gold awards on the night, winning the top prize in best art direction of a complete issue and in best issue for their "Fall 2010" edition by design firm Hambly & Woolley, Inc., and editor/publisher Melissa Kluger.
- Marketing magazine took the gold for best cover ("Cool in the City" by Peter Zaver and David Brown) and for best news coverage ("The Globe and Mail Makes Its Move" by Jeff Beer).
- Alberta Oil won gold in best resource/infrastructure article ("Launching Pad" by Gordon Jaremko -- the former editor of the magazine) and also swept gold and silver in best photograph.
- Profit won gold in best how-to article or series of how-to articles and in best one-of-a-kind article.
- CAmagazine, which led all publications with 24 nominations, swept gold and silver in the category Best Illustration, with Seth taking gold ("Defining Benefits") and Mike Constable winning silver ("IFRS: Dead in the USA?"). Overall CAmagazine won a gold and three silvers.
For a complete list of winners, visit the KRW Awards website at www.krwawards.ca