Briarpatch magazine has published its first-ever full-colour issue in July/August.The Saskatchewan-based leftish politics and culture bimonthly features the Peoples’ Social Forum, queer mothering, gay sex on public transit, Indigenous land struggles (Tsilhqot’in in B.C. and Mi’kmaq in New Brunswick), Canadian radicals and the Spanish Civil War (with children’s illustrations from the war), and a photo essay on a Burmese migrant village built on a dump in Thailand. Plus there's a book review on solidarity journalism from former editor Dave Oswald Mitchell.
Monday, June 30, 2014
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Source Interlink newsstand wholesaler files for ba...
- U.S. B2B magazines were up 1.2% in Q1 ad spending
- Quote, unquote: The vanishing buccaneer
- Spacing magazine to open retail "city store" in Oc...
- Outdoor Canada magazine wins big in outdoors write...
- Longform journalism site Byliner reeling from loss...
- Magazines Canada wins international gold research ...
- HOLO Toronto launch unveils hard copy extension of...
- Atlantic Business sells everything, including its ...
- Internet ad revenue in Canada in 2013 outpaces U.S...