I'm not particularly fond of April Fool's Jokes, but this year Geist magazine came up with one that has a delightful, lighthearted, promotional tone. It put out a press release announcing that it was changing its name to The Beaver since Canada's National History Society was no longer using the iconic name.
Thursday, April 01, 2010
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Will this be how a magazine moves with the times?
- Transcontinental Media lauches first issue of busi...
- Quill & Quire magazine turns 75
- Folio: magazine mostly swallows sister publicatio...
- Quote, unquote: On different strokes
- CRTC approves takeover of Vision TV by Zoomer maga...
- Print Measurement Bureau topline results, spring 2010
- Apple puts roadblock in way of selling digital mag...
- Quote, unquote: Is the iPad today's CD-Rom?
- Men's Fashion launches spring edition