The decision by the Audit Bureau of Circulations in the U.S. to accommodate its reporting rules to new digital platforms like iPod, iPhone and iPad is being contradicted in Britain. In the U.S., so long as the digital edition contains all the content of the print edition, despite different formatting, it can be included in circulation figures. British ABC, according to a story on journalism.co.uk, a digital edition must be a replica (in layout) and must be reported separately. Plus, readers getting both print and digital are counted only as one.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Recent most-read posts
- Darlene Storey named Magazines Canada volunteer of the year
- Holmes Group says it can't afford to compensate subscribers
- Transcontinental Media closing MORE magazine
- YES and KNOW kids' science magazines closed suddenly
- Ontario Arts Council literature officer lasts less than two months in the job
- Homemakers magazine being closed by owner Transcon after 45 years
- 5 ways that publishers screw up when it comes to mobile
- Toronto Life readers think it deserves coal in its stocking for suggesting a dog as its #1 present
- Magazine publishers need to think like developers, stop pursuing the wrong goals: software CEO
- "Must be nice" to be a freelancer, eh?
- Handyman Mike Holmes back in print: Make It Right SIP with TC Media
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- Freelance Switch
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- The Writing Concierge
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- The Hook (The Tyee)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Impresa Communications Limited
- John Degen
- Inkless Wells (Maclean's)
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- So You Want to Start a Magazine?
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Atlantic Magazines Association
- Quote, unquote: Moving from the "tangential side"
- Five Canadian magazines nominated for Utne indepen...
- Fly Fusion magazine to carry Trout Unlimited Canad...
- Ontario interior designers honour magazine editor ...
- This magazine literary competition gets graphic
- RD recipes sites dominate
- Magazine world view: Sandow buys 8 from RBI; New Y...
- Quote, unquote: Keeping copyright law simple and ...
- Xtra! gets a brand new look
- Impact of e-readers will be low this year, say tho...