Sunday, June 13, 2010

It's not that Lisa Rundle

One of the reasons I use my initials (D. B.) is because there seems to be a superfluity of David Scotts out there, and in the media to boot. So I am quite sympathetic to the weird coincidence that has found more than one Lisa Rundle in Toronto. This coincidence can cause a certain amount of confusion when one of the Lisa Rundles is involved in a high profile sexual harassment lawsuit that led to the abrupt departure of the CEO of Penguin Books Canada.
Now I know a Lisa Rundle, and it's definitely not her. The Lisa Rundle I know was once an intern a senior editor with The Walrus magazine and later worked on Rabble.ca; for the past few years, she has been a producer at CBC Radio, working for the cultural affairs show Q, with Jian Gomeshi. I asked her what impact the coincidence and the coverage has had on her. It's a mark of the class act of the Lisa Rundle I know that one of her concerns is about the woman who shares her name and is in the middle of the media attention:
Strangely, there are three Lisa Rundles in Toronto, which is why I started using my middle name in my byline. I don't know any other Rundles in the city, just the two Lisas. I really hope the other Lisa Rundle is doing alright -- it can't be an easy time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sarmishta Subramanian said...

Well said -- except for one thing. The Lisa Rundle you know was not an intern at The Walrus magazine, but a senior editor. And a damn fine editor, at that. I would know -- I worked with her there.
Just felt compelled to set the record straight, particularly since this is a post clarifying a case of mistaken identities! Thanks for the post.

3:28 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home