It's a pleasure to see a magazine using some of the best and top-rank illustrators, as is the case in the just published issue 5 of Global Brief. Readers will recall that the magazine ran into a spot of bother (almost strangled at birth), but is now apparently on a solid footing and at home at Glendon College at York University. The art director for the magazine is Louis Fishauf Design; Fishauf is a well-known illustrator himself and he clearly sees a way to distinguish the journal with work from the likes of Blair Drawson (above) and Henrik Drescher, whose work only very rarely now appears in Canadian magazines.
Saturday, October 02, 2010
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Rogers syndication practices called into question ...
- New online trade b2b title from Calgary serves mob...
- Magazine world view: Nope to US postal hike; Preve...
- iPad app for the New Yorker introduced in an, um, ...
- Nice work when you can get it: Seth talks about cr...
- "We're sorry that we're not sorry": Rogers Publish...
- Precedent magazine launches companion news and job...
- Quebecers deserve better than the government they ...
- Frank (Atlantic) may be up for sale; owner wants t...
- Ontario cultural mag publishers will receive first...